Please Donate to keep Blog Running

Sunday 2 June 2013

Clinical trial


 I have high blood pressure and my doctor recently asked me to enroll in a clinical trial. What do you think?

Well, there are some benefits to enrolling in a clinical trial. The medicine is provided free and you are well monitored. Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing if the medication will work and the potential for side effects is ever present. If you do not have a life threatening illness and there are other options available, I would suggest go with the traditional treatment. 

Clinical trial enrollment is for people who have no money to pay for medications. The only time I would recommend enrolling in a clinical trial is if you have a cancer for which there is no other treatment- then you do not have much to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment