Please Donate to keep Blog Running

Saturday 9 March 2013

Mass in the armpit


I am a 49-year-old female and have a hard lump under my left armpit. Should I be worrying about it? My doctor says it is nothing.
First, I highly recommend that you see a good doctor. This one sounds like an idiot. Having a hard lump under the armpit in a 49-year-old female is unusual. First, you need your breasts examined and be sure you have a mammogram. Next, you need your doctor to ensure that it is not a lymph node in the armpit. This may be done by undergoing an ultrasound.
The next step is to get is removed to make sure it is nothing serious. In women, sometimes breast cancer can present with a mass in the armpit. Of course, this mass may be from an infection but the onus is the doctor to prove it is not a cancer first. Good luck and please change your doctor. If it turns out to be a cancer, I highly suggest you see a good malpractice lawyer and sue the crap out of your doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment